Working in Premiere
with Numero

Behind the Scenes

Play Video

Finished Deliverable

Play Video

This is a behind-the-scenes look at one of the projects I tackled for a company called Numero. This organization develops software that functions similarly to a CRM but for campaign funds.

One character prominent in the project is Jenny, a customer success manager. She sent me a screen recording discussing a new feature in their software and gave me a lower third graphic that was, unfortunately, too large. I worked on redesigning it, though the final design was ultimately developed by Numero.

Over the years of working with them, I’ve accrued various additional footage. One key asset is an animated intro produced by another editor using After Effects. It’s utilized at the start and end of their educational content.

This project was essentially standard video and audio editing, such as cutting out dead air, mistakes, and filler speech from the recording. I also color-coded the clips as I went along to keep track of my progress. During this phase, I learned about the Mister Horse plug-in — a great tool for designing lower-thirds — as well as learned how to better utilize pre-made motion graphics templates.

Numero provided me with their official font and I already had their color palette. This made it easy to design the graphics and make any necessary adjustments later on.

The middle portion of the video was a screencast of Jenny discussing the new feature that I edited for her and provided voiceover for. Typically, I use Camtasia for this type of work, but I attempted to do as much as possible in Premiere this time. Though certain effects would have been easier to execute in Camtasia, I was eager to explore doing them in Premiere. These included features like the lightboxes and the draw boxes.

The video ends with a transition back to Jenny featuring more text boxes as per the script’s request. It concludes with the same Numero animation as in the beginning. An additional benefit of using Premiere is its efficiency in creating versions of the video. For example, a version without Jenny’s segments could easily be made for Numero’s knowledge base by copying the sequence and cutting Jenny’s parts out.

This video project is one of several I deliver for Numero each month. Despite my preference for doing everything natively in one application, the project taught me to appreciate the efficiency of sometimes using both Camtasia for screencasting then Premiere for subsequent editing.

Despite slight generational loss after exporting an MP4 file twice, the impact is negligible for a screencast viewed by a regular audience. Of course, any changes like this would be discussed and clarified with the clients beforehand.

This video representation was a testament to both my adaptability and commitment to deliver the best possible result in spite of any challenges encountered.

Thanks for checking out this case study. The final video, along with this description, is available on the platform you’re now accessing. The content is proprietary, so please refrain from sharing it or the given password. Looking forward to the next project!